Head of the Occoquan
When: Sunday November 6, 2016
Where: Sandy Run Regional Park
10450 Van Thompson Road
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
(View Larger Map)
Departure: Saturday 11/5 @ 2pm from Rec Center
Return: Sunday 11/6, approximately 10:30pm
- Daylight Savings Time ends, we gain an hour of sleep Sat. night.
- Coaches/Coxswains Meeting @ 8:15 AM
- Racing begins @ 10 AM
13b Women’s Lightweight 2X 11:45 AM
15a Men’s Youth 4+ 12:30 PM
15b Women’s Youth 4+ 12:45 PM
22 Mixed 8+ 3:45 PM
We should be leaving the park to head home at about 5:15pm.
Where do I park?
Sunday Parking – Please read carefully
- FREE Parking and Shuttle Service at the Vulcan Quarry (10000 Ox Rd, Lorton, VA 22079). As you travel south on Ox Rd, TURN RIGHT AT THE LIGHT WITH THE SIGN FOR VULCAN.
- Authorized vehicles only may park at Sandy Run Regional Park
- All teams will be issued four (4) parking passes to allow access to Sandy Run Regional Park on Sunday. These passes are for coaches, team tent coordinators, and other personnel that need to park onsite.
- NO rower or spectator drop-off permitted.
- FCPD will be enforcing traffic at the park.
Sandy Run Regional Park will be open for vehicle parking
- Parking Rates:
- No charge for buses, team vans carrying 12 occupants or more, and car toppers.
- $5.00 for vehicles with 6-11 occupants
- $10.00 for vehicles with 2-5 occupants
- $20.00 for vehicles with 1 occupants
- Shuttles within the Park: Free shuttles are offered from the upper parking lots to Lots C & D at Sandy Run Regional Park.
Please do not park outside the park along the road- your car will be towed. Please help us have enough space for our athletes- carpool to ensure we have enough space for all athletes
Where do I watch the races?
IMPORTANT ——->>>>> Sandy Run park (at the bottom of the hill) is reserved for coaches and athletes. We strongly recommend you encourage spectators to go to the grandstands. Our volunteers will be directing all non-athletes to take a free shuttle to the grandstand(finish line).
Can I put up tents and cook food?
We do not allow any cooking via open flame. Also, no alcohol. We will be offering prepared food at the grandstand (Rocklands BBQ). Tent space is available by permission of the ranger onsite and is first come, first serve. Please note, we offer PLENTY of tent space at the finish line.
If you want MORE INFORMATION on tent setup, please email us at email@example.com no later than Friday afternoon(tomorrow, 2pm)
Where are the vendors?
BBQ Food, Rubini, JL Clothing and other vendors will be at the grandstand (finish line). We will also have results and an announcer at the finish.
Can I bring my pet to the park?
No, please leave your pets at home.
Where are the free shuttle stops?
We offer free shuttles at each parking lot. We also offer a free shuttle NEXT to the main entrance of the park.
Can I walk to the grandstands?
Absolutely, you can use the walking trail. It’s about a 20 minute walk and does require some effort (we do not recommend this for everyone).