News & Updates
Our first erg race of the winter is just about here! The racing schedule has been posted and the details are posted on the race page, but here are the highlights:
When: Saturday January 28, 2017
Where: Kingsley Association (near Bakery Square)
Departure: Approx. 4:50pm (following the Team Relay)
* Our first event is at 1:00pm. The final event of the day is the Team Relay scheduled for 4:35pm.
* This is the same as a regatta day…we all arrive at the same time and stay until our last race ends.
* Those racing in a Lightweight event need to weigh in…find your coach when you arrive so we can get that taken care of quickly.
* Waivers MUST be completed in order to race.
* There is no team carpool for this event.
Winter Training (preparation for spring racing) begins this week, but we will have just two practices this week.
1. Wednesday Jan. 4 – Weight Training with Crem at the Fitness Center from 6:30 – 7:30pm.
2. Erg practice on Saturday Jan 7. The schedule is being finalized and will be announced shortly.
Next week we will go with the full schedule (M-th and Sat AM).
The post-Fall season weight training sessions with Crem have been scheduled. These sessions are a great way to maintain some of the conditioning from the Fall racing season and to get ready for the Strength & Conditioning sessions that happen during the winter months.
These will run from Monday November 21 through Wednesday December 21.
When: M & W 6:30-7:30PM
Where: Fitness Center
If you are interested in racing during the Spring season, there is still time to join us! The Spring season officially starts in January, so you have time to think about it before making a decision.
Please Contact Us to get the information you need to get signed up.
We are a Spring sport for Varsity Letters, but our season begins in January. In order to race in the Spring you must start before the end of January. We need time to get you ready so when we get back on the water in March you are able to work on race prep; you cannot wait until March to join the team.
This week only returning rowers will begin practice; all new rowers will start next week on Monday September 2016.